Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with Brisbane Boutique Property, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on Tenancy Information Services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management, Database Management;
- Marketing of products and services to you, Directly related to our Property Sales and Management Business;
- Open Home Security Register
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you;
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real Estate websites;
- Real Estate institutional bodies;
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. If information is required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore will ask that you to sign the consent form we will provide, on the first page of our written document to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to Brisbane Boutique Property collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
Your access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request to update or correct your personal information. A charge does not apply for providing access to your information.
If in any way you feel or consider there has been any breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you are more than entitled to make a complaint to us at Brisbane Boutique Property. You can make this complaint by phone, to the Principal Licensee, Mr Pelham Marsh, or by email to Pelham@brisbaneboutique.com, or via regular post or in person to our office at 307 Old Cleveland Road Coorparoo Qld 4151.
After receiving this complaint Brisbane Boutique Property will within two days of receiving the complaint will acknowledge your receipt of your concerns/complaint. Brisbane Boutique Property will investigate your complaint and make all attempts to resolve the issues within 21 Business days. If we feel that a resolve will not be achieved in the set out timeframe our office will contact you to inform you that we are expecting delays and provide you with an estimate of how long it is going to take to resolve and or respond.
If at any stage you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint adequately you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner through their contact details below.
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO BOX 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Enquiries@oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992
Further Privacy Information
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
307 Old Cleveland Road Coorparoo Qld 4151
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3169 0200